2We Ask Questions – Lots Of Questions.
We are naturally curious. We understand our strengths but we appreciate that we don’t know everything. Strong client engagement is therefore a key part of our DNA. We focus on what we don’t know and leverage our partnerships and network to best meet the unique needs of our clients.
3We Believe In The Power Of People.
We firmly believe that putting the right people on the right job will get the right results. We choose our people carefully and understand that our people are the real assets of the organization.
4We Don’t Just Give A Blueprint – We Execute.
We understand that execution is what ultimately results in success, not mere ideas. We ensure that we do not just tell our clients how to get from point A to point B, we take them there.
With 20+ years of experience under our belt, we are confident that no matter the problem we have the knowledgebase, the ingenuity, the network, and the talent to overcome it.
When we say we believe in the power of people – we really mean it!
People are what drives our business. It should come as no surprise then that we invest a lot of time and effort in hiring and retaining top talent. We firmly believe that an investment in our employees is an investment in CCG and its future. We are not just looking for people who “think like us” but encourage diversity of thought at every step of the organization. We are problems solvers at heart and cognizant of the fact that differing perspectives will not slow us down but help us get to solutions sooner.
The work here at CCG is challenging, but that does not mean it shouldn’t be fun. We strive to look after our employees while traveling and at home and offer a range of benefits and perks for them and their families to enjoy.
Discounts at your favorite restaurants and stores
Access to a bespoke platform offering discounts at over 30,000 businesses including travel, car hire, designer shops, top restaurants and more.
Work life balance
We are a digital company and understand that physical presence does not equal productivity. We have a range of tools to allow our employees to have a flexible work environment.
Investing in Your Future
We believe in the importance of lifelong learning and on top of a traditional tuition assistance program, we provide numerous online learning and development opportunities. This allows our employees to take their development into their own hands.
Commute to Work Program
We know commuting to work can be costly. Which is why we offer a unique commute to work program.
- Industry experience within commercial and retail banking
- Demonstrated business expertise across the end-to-end banking lifecycles and operating models
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing relationships with senior client executives
- 5+ years relevant experience in management consulting or technology consulting with broad experience in engagement management, and relationship management / business development
- 3+ years financial industry expertise
- Expertise or knowledge in fintech with banking and related activities
- Experience with emerging banking trends, process, technology and technical analysis of Banking platforms
- Knowledge of BaaS and integration into banking infrastructure
- Plus – knowledge of banking systems (i.e., Finxact, Thought Machine, Axxiome, FIS, Infosys, TCS, Finastra, Temenos, Jack Henry, Fiserv)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and build relationships with senior executives (CEO, CFO, CIO, etc.) by presenting and discussing industry trends, best in class strategies and consulting services.
- Provide leadership within the consulting practice
- Proactively participate in business development pursuits
- Drive organizational growth and maturation of consulting services
- Applying banking, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines.
- Contribute thought leadership to the creation of marketable services, standard deliverable’s, and methodologies as well as leading your practice
- Maintaining detailed working paper records of reflecting assumptions, methodologies, and sources of information employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Identify opportunities for services to make improvements in client operations
- Direct client collection of qualitative and quantitative data to assess current processes, benchmark against best practice metrics, and quantify improvement opportunities.
- Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information, assist in preparing proposal, reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties, and develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Create solutions to address client problems and monitor engagement progress.
- Create, review, and approve support documentation, work plans, and other deliverables.
- Coordinate client assignments: monitor client satisfaction, assure engagement efficiency and quality, and manage continuous improvement process.
- Communicate broad complex concepts or issues in a succinct manner to facilitate task execution and client facing communication.
- Mentor and assist staff development
- As applicable, coordinate, direct and oversee work done by Consultants, Analyst, and/or subcontractors.
- Coordinate fieldwork for assignments with the Manager/Lead Consultant
- Perform engagement procedures designed to identify and define issues, review and analyze evidence, and document business processes. Prepare working papers to support results of procedures.
- Conduct interviews with client management to gain an understanding of client business conditions, risks, and controls (including preparation of interview notes).
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Ensure all review notes are addressed and reviewed with the lead consultant and/or manager.
- Ability to manage people and/or teams
- Provides input to the team during all phases of the engagement
- Lead in the Participate in the drafting of reports and presenting draft to the senior consultant and/or manager for review and approval.
- Related projects/work as assigned
- Minimum Level: Bachelors, prefer MBA or advanced degree
- Area of Specialization: Business, Banking
- C-Suite Executive in Banking or Senior Management experience related Industry
- Minimum Level: 5 Years in Consulting and / or 10 Years in Bank Management
As a member of the CCG consulting team, a Director plays a critical role in ensuring a successful project completion. Our Directors are the face of the company and work with clients on the ground to understand their needs and deploy CCG resources to provide bespoke solutions to meet their unique challenges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead on managing projects from start to finish, including coordinating the evaluations and ensuring the execution of the entire project scope and deliverables
- Identify opportunities for services to make improvements in client operations
- Prepare proposals, reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Conduct interviews with client management to gain an understanding of client business conditions, risks, and controls
- Create, review, and approve supporting documentation, work plans, and other deliverables
- Coordinate client assignments: monitor client satisfaction, assure engagement efficiency and quality, and manage continuous improvement process
CCG Catalyst is a focused boutique global management consulting firm specialized across financial services industry (banking, credit unions, fintech). Through collaboration, we bring expertise and vision to drive strategic value to our clients and the industry.
We are looking to hire experienced Project and Program Managers with banking or credit union experience with proven track record of implementing projects on time and on budget. The successful candidate will manage projects using project management best practices, maintain strong communication with sponsors and stakeholders. Proactively identify risks and opportunities for improvement in monitoring as project progress. Work with teams to eliminate risks quickly and scope additional projects for improvement. Manage projects through all areas the project life cycle utilizing the current list of open issues and needed projects.
- Must have banking or Credit Union experience;
- Project Management experience with a Financial Services Institution or Management Consulting Firm or bank / credit union software company
- Experience managing the implementation / conversion of Core Processing, Digital, Payment, Technology, Data Warehouse, and FMS systems
- Training in project management or project management related skills;
- Must be detail and process oriented;
- Must have exceptional communication skills to interact with the business stakeholders;
- Experience running projects from inception through implementation as part of or managing of the project team;
- In addition, must have experience with:
- Business Analysis, Gap Analysis
- Project Scheduling, Maintenance
- Use of a formalized project methodology
- Status Reporting, Issue/Resolution Tracking
- Management of Project Team, consultants, and vendors
- Test and Conversion Planning,
- Creation/maintenance of Budgets
- Fully remote opportunities with access to travel
- Compensation is commensurate upon your experience (with competitive pay)
- Full-time or Part-time available
Project Management Analyst has responsibility for creating, planning, tracking and managing the project plan as directed by the project management office. He/she is responsible for working with the program and project managers, project lead and project team to build a project plan and maintain the plan throughout the project life cycle. He/she is also responsible for creating the necessary reports for the program and project manager, project lead and project teams.
- 1 – 2 years proven experience with project management concepts, including project charters, scheduling and planning projects. Experience or training using tools to manage projects, such as Microsoft Project or Excel;
- Training in project management or project management related skills, such as Young & Clark and Associates or Project Management Institute*s PMP certification;
- Proven ability to work with program managers and project leads from many different functional areas.
- Planning Analyst Characteristics:
- The PMO Analyst must be able to when necessary assist the program manager or project lead to define requirements, estimate resources, create the project schedule, and adhere to a standard methodology and quality processes.
- To effectively perform these activities, the Planning Analyst should be proficient in the following skills: * Communications – written and verbal; Initiative; Problem solving and analysis; Planning and organizing; Accountability; Interpersonal skills; Teamwork.
When Should I Apply?
Immediately, we are always open to a conversation with good people.
What’s the Process?
A key part of our hiring process is for you to meet your potential colleagues and get to know them better. This is a two-way street. We want to get to know you, but also want you to assess whether we would be a good match. Our team loves a good conversation. We will have lots of questions for you, and hope you have lots of questions for us.
When do I Join?
We are as agile in our hiring as our consulting. We move quickly and decisively when we know it is the right match.