IT is crucial to successful bank merger integration and supports many important integration activities. However, it is often identified as a root cause of failed M&A and divestiture efforts due to poor IT platform and organization integration, inefficient due diligence and failure of IT to enable business synergies. These same areas, however, are also key targets for significant profit opportunities in the bank.
CCG Catalyst’s IT integration experts help banks focus on the value that IT brings to a deal. We work with our clients to assess existing IT environments and capabilities, and then identify the opportunities and threats of changes in business structure through our due diligence process. We work together to develop a tailored strategic bank IT roadmap and migration plan, and to guide the IT decisions and actions required to realize the deal’s maximum value.
CCG Catalyst focuses its support on key areas of IT merger integration, including the core and ancillary application, infrastructure, IT organization, projects and vendors.
We address key IT M&A challenges:
- Integrating IT platforms and organizations
- Realizing business and IT synergies and benefits
- Enabling undisrupted operations during the merger
Our bank integration approach focuses on three key areas:
1. IT strategy to create advantage and savings
- What IT initiatives will create the most value?
- How can systems facilitate cost reduction?
- How can IT enable the merged bank to provide superior customer service or products?
2. IT-related functionality, initiatives and service agreements required for the merged organization
- What systems and standards should the new organization adopt?
- Which systems should be integrated first?
- What projects are currently in progress?
- Which initiatives need to be completed before the merger?
3. IT department integration
- How should the combined organization be structured?
- How do the IT departments of each organization compare?
- What functions are outsourced? What should be outsourced?
- What are the interim staffing levels, including transition management, of IT projects?